and Screening Instructions for CEF Volunteers.
Thank you for your decision to volunteer with Child Evangelism Fellowship®. We are excited
about all that God is going to do as churches all across the nation share the Gospel with
unchurched children in their communities. Following are some important considerations
for all who will volunteer and have direct contact with the children through CEF ministries.
- CEF does online background checks and volunteer applications utilizing a secure server so that your information is safe.
- All volunteers (age 18 and older) and CEF missionaries are required to undergo a national criminal background check.
- All approved workers will receive a required nametag upon completion of steps 1-3.
- You will need to go online to complete the screening process.
There are three easy steps
required for volunteer participation -
BEFORE APPLYING ONLINE
A. Read the Statement of Faith (after finishing each section, hit the back button)
B. Read the Worker's Compliance Agreement
C. Read the Child Protection Policy
D. Watch the 9-minute Protecting Today’s Child Presentation www.cefonline.com/childprotection or listen at 1-866-878-4182
E. Gather the following information to enter online:
- Your salvation testimony.
- Reference contact information (name, phone, email). This should include: pastor or church leader, previous employer, and two personal references. No relatives please.
- Previous addresses (last 5 years)
- Driver’s License (if applicable) and Social Security Number
- Which Club you are serving in
BACKGROUND CHECK APPLICATION
All of these forms including the video are on the background check screen. Please use the link below to apply.
*Online parental consent for reference checks is required for applicants under the age of 18.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR:.
After you enter your birthdate a pop-up notification will appear. Your parent/guardian must click OK and you can continue with the form..
- At the end of the form, your parent/guardian must be the one to check the "I Agree" box and enter their full name as a signature.
ID CHECK AND INTERVIEW
- You will be required to show a photo ID (driver's license, passport, or school ID) and answer a few interview questions.
- Once this step is complete, you will receive your nametag, indicating that you are a screened volunteer.
Thank you for volunteering to reach boys and girls with the Good News of Jesus Christ! May God bless you as you faithfully serve Him!